This is Dedicated to the one I Love!

CATHERINE-0997-e1444106599998Two years ago when I exchanged “I do’s” with my husband, I did so knowing I was also committing to sharing our wedding anniversary with his birthday. It’s kismet because I can’t imagine celebrating us — without celebrating him. To say he is the rock of my life would be an understatement. I didn’t just marry the best man I know but a man who brings out the best in me. When I met Doug I was a wildly independent, stubborn workaholic who had soured on marriage and relationships in general. He might argue that I’m still stubborn, but no one would argue that I’m a better person because of him. He is incredibly funny, ridiculously patient and more supportive of anything and everything I do. He is selfless, caring and kind without a negative bone in his body. He would do anything for anyone and when it comes to our family, he does.

0053

He is not only an amazing, giving father to his own children but to mine as well. He never tried to act like their father when Dave was alive and I think Dave would appreciate that he doesn’t try to act like it now that he’s gone. What he does do is provide a safe and loving place for us to call home. During our darkest days, he’s been our light. When Dave was in the hospital, Doug visited. He liked Dave and prayed right alongside us for the miracle we all so desperately wanted. He stayed up with me night after night, consoling me and guiding me in how to shepherd my children through grief when I was struggling to deal with my own. The morning of Dave’s memorial service, it was my husband who went to the church early to set up the tables with Dave’s memorabilia. He cried alongside us during the service, has taken great pride in the ways the kids and I are working to keep Dave’s memory alive. Not once has he questioned why we keep a picture of Dave on a shelf in our kitchen. When I told him I wanted to leave my well paying job to spend more time with the family he didn’t balk or call me crazy. Instead, he encouraged me to follow my heart and has supported me every step of the way. It takes a strong, confident and secure man to be all that – and he is. He is the wealthiest man I know – not because of anything he has – but because of everything he is. Doug, our family is infinitely better because of you and on this day we celebrate our marriage – it’s oh, so perfect, that we also celebrate your life  – and the incredible joy you bring to ours. I love you!

CATHERINE-1011-e1444106414637

• Christeen Verchot 4 years ago

Hi Catherine!

We here at the James Walton Home are happy of your successes as you’ve transitioned from being a Anchor/Reporter for KPHO CBS 5 to having your own Blog that connects you to your fans and the community at large in Arizona. I would like to know how I can send you an email as we would be so humbled is we can use as a reference for a time sensitive grant proposal we are submitting to the US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Thanks,
    Christeen

Hi Christeen, Thank you for the kind words of support and for taking the time to read my blog. You may email me at: catherine@catherineanaya.com.

• Robyn 4 years ago

What a great post. It connects to me both professionally and personally, as I too left a good paying job to pursue my own private practice, which among many things, is allowing more time with those I love. My husband has supported me fully.
    Thank you for your willingness to share. I truly believe there are many women facing the challenge of balance, and many are not so fortunate as you & I to have the support to make major changes.
    Blessingso to you & your family and success with 4 Hearts!
    Robyn

Thank you for the kind words Robyn! You are so right. I am lucky that I’m in a position right now to make this change. Better late than never, right? I appreciate the support and thank you for taking the time to read my blog – it means the world to me :)

• Sharon 4 years ago

Dear Catherine,
    I am so happy for you. You wrote a beautiful tribute to your Husband. Happy Anniversary to you both. Happy Birthday to him.

Thank you for reading Sharon! He deserves it. We are so lucky to have him in our lives and I’m even luckier to call him husband :)

• Martha Basco 4 years ago

So heartwarming, Catherine.
    Each of you is lucky to have the other and together you are an unbeatable pair.
    May God give you both many years of love, happiness, and years of great health to enjoy each other.
    Love you sooo much. ♡♡♡♡♡

Love you too! xoxo

• Wes 4 years ago

OMG, you made me cry, that was so beautiful and also a great tribute to you ex and the childrens father. You are `a wonderful person and I know he is too. Happy Birthday Day to a great man. God Bless you all!!

Thank you Wes! That really means a lot to me. He’s a terrific person and I think the world should know :) Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Catherine

• Jaime 4 years ago

A great example of what a husband, and marriage should be! Congrats and happy anniversary!

Thank you Jaime!! I always appreciate the support :)

• Larry Josefowicz 4 years ago

Hi Catherine, Wishing you both much happiness on your Anniversary, and also, wishing Doug a Happy Birthday

Thank you so much Larry!!

• Christine 4 years ago

Beautifully written, Catherine. Happy anniversary!

Thank you Christine!!

• Angie Hernandez 4 years ago

Beautiful Catherine! Happy Birthday Doug and Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Thank you so much Angie!

• Nan Greig 4 years ago

An awesome tribute to a wonderful husband and true friend. We are so happy and thankful for you two being a couple. Beautifully said and deservingly so!!!

Love your blog, Catherine……

Thank you Nan! We’re aiming to celebrate as many anniversaries as you and Bill! xo

• Kath McClain 4 years ago

Catherine;

First, Happy Anniversary to you both, and

Secondly, I have been deeply touched through your words. You have truly found a one-in-a-million, genuinely, loving, unselfish man.

I could write volumes but choose to keep it simple.

Happy birthday to your man, cherish each day with him and may you both have many, many years, living, loving and growing together.

God bless….

Thank you Kath! He is one-in-a-million and we are blessed to have found each other and I’m so grateful to have him in our lives. Thank you for reading :)!!